Anthony Edwards is an American actor, producer, and director. He is best known for his role as Goose in the 1986 film Top Gun. Edwards has also appeared in other films such as Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Revenge of the Nerds, and The Breakfast Club.
He has been nominated for several awards, including an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award. But just how tall is Anthony Edwards? And how does he compare to other NBA players? Let’s take a look.
About Anthony Edwards
Anthony Edwards is a dynamic offensive player who demonstrated the potential to light up the scoreboard during his rookie season at Georgia with his mix of power, quickness and shooting skill.
Through his mid-teens, Edwards was generally considered one of the best prospects in the high school class of 2020, but he chose to reclassify to the class of 2019 ahead of what would have been his junior year at Holy Spirit Preparatory School (GA).
With McDonald’s and Jordan Brand All-American awards to his name, Edwards was regarded as the best guard prospect in the nation when he committed to play for Tom Crean’s Georgia Bulldogs.
The Atlanta native lived up to those high expectations, ranking third in the SEC in scoring with an average of 19.1 points per game, earning All-Conference Second Team and Freshman of the Year honors, and putting together some of the season’s most memorable individual scoring efforts.
Edwards is a great athlete with an exceptional mix of length and strength and the explosiveness to complement his 6-foot-3, Anthony Edwards weight 225-pound physique, and 6-foot-10 wingspan. He’s a big leaper who can go up and grab lobs and finish forcefully in space, and his explosiveness is matched with a potential shiftiness in his game.
In his lone college season, Edwards thrived in the open court, playing on and off the ball in a fast-paced system that allowed him to utilize his athletic skills to his advantage as a shot creator.
He also ran tremendously hot in his finest moments, nailing difficult jump jumpers from NBA range out of one-on-one situations. He had some ups and downs in terms of consistency, but he was nothing short of explosive when hunting for his own shot and showed some potential as a distributor.
Edwards, one of the youngest significant talents available for the 2020 NBA Draft, is still evolving on the defensive end, but he has all the skills to compete and showed promise as a freshman in the SEC.
Anthony Edwards Height – How Tall Is Anthony Edwards?
Anthony Edwards stands 1.93m tall. He stands 193cm tall in centimeters. Current Minnesota Timberwolves coach David Finch claims that shooting guard Anthony Edwards vertical has grown two inches to 6’6.
According to Chris Hine of the Star Tribune, Finch commented at the Star Tribune booth at the Minnesota State Fair some months ago, characterizing Edwards’ personality, “This is a really Ant thing.”
Edwards possesses the speed and instincts to utilize his length to be a force in passing lanes, but he is still learning to make the most of them consistently, both on and off the ball.
After finishing several plays by utilizing his explosiveness to chase down rebounds outside his area, Edwards held his own for moments. Still, he might go a long way toward establishing himself in the NBA if he can cut down on the correctable errors that hindered him at times last year.
- Finalist for the 2019-20 Jerry West Award, which recognizes the best shooting guard in the country.
- Top-20 contender for the Wooden Award recognizes the National Player of the Year.
- Selected as the 2019-20 SEC Freshman of the Year by the league’s coaches (the first Georgia player to do so since the award’s inception in 2001) and SEC Newcomer of the Year by the Associated Press.
- All-SEC Second Team pick for 2019-20.
- As a senior in 2018, he was named to the USA Today and McDonald’s All-America First Team.
- The freshman scoring leader in the country (19.1 ppg).
- Georgia’s leading scorer and steals (1.34 SPG) and second in rebounds (5.2 RPG) and assists (2.8 APG).
- Third in the SEC scoring and sixth in three-point attempts per game (2.3).
- In the second half against No. 3 Michigan State, he scored 33 of his career-high 37 points (Nov. 26).
- Thirty-six points were against South Carolina (Feb. 26) and 32 against Florida (Feb.5).
- Guard has exceptional length and explosiveness.
- On the open floor, this isn’t easy to control.
- A three-level scorer who can contribute on and off the ball.
- He has the physical attributes necessary to be a lockdown defender.
- “Ant-Man” is his nickname.
- During eight months in 2015-16, his mother, Yvette, and grandma Shirley died of ovarian cancer.
- He wears No. 5 to remember his mother and grandmother, who died in the fifth month.
- Edwards is legally guarded by his elder brother, Antoine, and his older sister, Antoinette.
“Right now, he’s got an NBA body. He can dribble, drive through traffic, take contact, and finish through contact at the NBA level. You see a person on film who is extremely terrific, and then you see him live, and it’s just the explosiveness. He has NBA athleticism and strength.” – Eric Musselman, Arkansas coach.
With a leg injury, Anthony Edwards departed Game 4 between the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Memphis Grizzlies.
The Minnesota Timberwolves are playing the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 4 of their first-round playoff series, and Anthony Edwards was injured during the game.
The former first-round selection, though, has returned to the game.
The Timberwolves are behind 2-1 in the series after losing Games 2 and 3.
They won the first game of the series on the road but lost the second and first games at home.
In Game 3, they lost two 20-point leads, and the Grizzlies responded with one of the finest comebacks of the season.
The Grizzlies finished second in the Western Conference this season, while the Timberwolves ended eighth.
Last season, the Grizzlies reached the NBA Playoffs but were eliminated in the first round by the Utah Jazz.
The Timberwolves are making their first playoff appearance since 2018.
Some relevant articles:
- Top NBA Coaches Of All Time: The Greatest Head Coaches According To The League
- Best Free Throw Percentage NBA History: Top Players You Need To Know 2022
- Best NBA Stadiums In The World: Top 28 Arenas You Need To Know 2022
- Best Under 25 NBA Players: Top 28 Famous Current Basketball Players
How tall was Anthony Edwards drafted?
Anthony Edwards draft, the top choice in the 2020 draft, informed Finch that Ant Edwards height had grown by around two inches or five cm. Edwards was 1.93 m tall when the Timberwolves drafted him. He is now around 1.98 m tall.
Did Anthony Edwards grow?
Minnesota Timberwolves head coach Chris Finch said on Wednesday that guard Anthony Edwards wingspan had a growth spurt as a rookie last season. According to Finch, Edwards has grown roughly two inches since the Timberwolves selected him with the No. 1 overall choice last year.
What shoes does Anthony Edwards wear?
Anthony Edwards, who was drafted first overall in 2020, got a shoe agreement with Adidas in late 2020 and currently wears the Crazy BYW X 2.0 after wearing Dame 6s in his rookie season. While at Georgia, Edwards used Nike Zoom Freak 1 shoes on the NCAA hardcourt.
Anthony Edwards is a great actor who has starred in many popular movies. He is also a director and producer. Edwards has won several awards for his work in film and television. Thanks for reading.