Ok folks, you can finally start planning your lives. The Celtics schedule has been released. You can find the whole thing here. Here are some of the highlights:
- The Celtics open the season against KG (presumably) and the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday October 29th.
- Paul Pierce and the Washington Wizards (that’s still very weird to me) visit on December 7th. It’s actually part of a Sunday/Monday home-and-home series with the Wizards as they travel to Washington for a game the following night. It’s the ONLY trip to Boston Washington will make. The Celtics go back to Washington on December 27th.
- The Celtics host LeBron and (presumably) Kevin Love on Friday, November 14 and Sunday April 12. They travel to Cleveland on March 3 and April 10.
- The Lakers visit on Friday, December 5. The C’s go to LA on Sunday, February 22. That’s one of three games on NBA TV for the Celtics (January 12 vs. New Orleans and March 23 at Brooklyn are the others). [
- The only truly nationally televised game for the Celtics this season is Wednesday, January 14 when Atlanta comes to town.
- If you want to see Andrew Wiggins, I’m assuming he’ll be on the Timberwolves when they visit on Friday, December 19. Your first chance to see Jabari Parker in town will be Friday, April 3.
I was going to start breaking down brutal versus easy stretches, but let’s be honest, there probably won’t be any “easy” stretches this year. There’ll probably just be less-brutal stretches.