This game was all Wizards, all the time. With the exception of the end of the first and some of the second quarter, Boston was never in this game. The C’s never had a lead, and Washington had their lead up to 33 at one point. Washington had their way inside and outside, and Boston put up little resistance on defense. The Wiz shot 63% from the floor for the game, and had 50 points in the paint.
Boston’s outside shooting in general was bad. But their three-point shooting was just atrocious-Boston went 3 of 24 from downtown and they looked sloppy (14 turnovers) & listless for most of the night. The only reason the C’s even scored 92 points was due to Washington letting up at times and 25 made free-throws. This was one of those games that just could not end quickly enough. Celts fall to the Wizards tonight 118-92. Marcin Gortat had 22 to lead the Wiz, Beal had 19 and John Wall had 13 points & 10 assists. With the win, Washington clinched a playoff spot for the first time since 2008.
Celtics are off until Friday when they play the Sixers at TD Garden. Tip-off is at 7:30pm. Boston moves back into a tie for 4th worst with idle Utah. Details can be found over at Tankathon.
- Jared Sullinger had 25 points on 8 of 15 shooting and looked more like the Sully we know & love
- As mentioned above, Boston’s three-point shooting was at a putrid 13% for the game. C’s turned it over 14 times and allowed the Wiz to shoot 63% from the field
- Jeff Green and Brandon Bass combined to go 5 for 15, and Green alone was 0 of 6 from trey. But it’s hard to pin this one on any individual player-this was a team sitnker
The Grid: (quick stats)
- Celts were out rebounded 41-29
- 52 free-throws were attempted between the two teams