Celtics forward Jared Sullinger was released on $5,000 bail following his arrest on domestic assault and battery charges.
Here’s a breakdown of the incident and charges, per Globe reporter David Abel:
- Sullinger allegedly pinned girlfriend to bed, pushed her and snatched her phone when she tried to call police.
- Sullinger is charged with assault and battery, destruction of an iPhone, and intimidation of witness.
- Allegedly smashed girlfriend’s cell phone after she threatened to call police, court records show.
- Girlfriend declined to seek a restraining order.
- Due back in court Sept. 19.
- Bailwas set at $5,000 cash.
- Judge allows Sullinger to contact his girlfriend by phone or with another person present.
- Attorney for Sullinger said girlfriend waited 10 hours before contacting police and Sullinger came back from Ohio right away.
It appears Sullinger’s girlfriend accused him of cheating and that confrontation sparked this incident.
C’mon Sully. You’re better than this. There is no excuse for assaulting a woman. None.
I doubt Sullinger will serve any jail time. He could face a small suspension from the Celtics.
Read Abel’s full story here.
Update: WBZ has a shot of the full police report:
(Image courtesy Boston Globe)