Tonight, Celtics fans finally got to relax and enjoy a wire-to-wire ass kicking. In a meaningless game in Orlando, Boston smokes the Magic 120-88. There were definitely some encouraging things that happened tonight. One of them was that KG looked to be showing no ill effects from his recent foot/ankle injury. Garnett had a productive night, going for 14 points on 7 of 8 shooting with 9 rebounds in 18 minutes. He seemed to be moving fine and did not look hampered at all. Paul Pierce also had a solid night, not so much scoring wise, as he put in 12 pts on 4 of 12, but he did it in other ways-the Captain also had 6 boards & 8 assists in 26 minutes. Boston had 7 players in double-figures and if not for 13 turnovers, they may have won this one by 40 over the hapless & helpless Magic. Boston is now until Tuesday when they host the Pacers in the final home game of the reg. season. Tip-off is at 8pm EST.
- Despite getting banged around again, Jeff Green had an impressive line of 17 pts, 6 rebs, 3 asts & 2 steals.
- Bass & Garnett combined for a super efficient night of 28 pts on 13 of 15 shooting. #30 is getting his groove back at just the right time.
- Courtney Lee tied his season-high with 20 points, 15 of them coming in the 4th quarter. It was garbage time, but we need him to contribute this postseason and hopefully tonight is a confidence builder for him.
- Jordan Crawford was Mr. Energy once again. His fiery attitude and aggressive play netted him 16 points (and one tech for screaming his trademark “ANNNND ONE!”)
- Avery Bradley did have 4 turnovers tonight, but he shot 2 of 3 from downtown, 5 of 9 from the floor (14 pts) and helped Boston force Orlando’s starting back court into a 7 of 22 shooting night.
- C’s turned the ball over 13 times, which Orlando turned into 19 points
Truth to Green alley-oop
KG, Pierce return & C’s win
The Grid: (quick stats)
- Paul Pierce eclipsed 24,000 career points tonight
- Magic never led, and Celtics biggest lead was 37