Laugh at me all you want, but I think tonight could’ve been much worse. Headed into this game, without KG & Pierce, Celtics fans thought that things might get really ugly. Well, despite a Heat 2nd Q for the ages, the C’s actually gave Miami a run for their money tonight. However. the Heat win 109-101. Boston came out swinging early, and behind a hot start from Jeff Green and Jordan Crawford, the Celtics went into the 2nd quarter up 27-17. No one but Lebron could score early for Miami, and the C’s were in control. Well, it was fun while it lasted, as Miami torched Boston for a 41 point 2nd quarter and shot a blazing 16 of 19 from the field, including 5 of 6 from downtown. Celtics kept it respectable tonight though. I give a ton of credit to most of the guys who put on the green. Despite the usual struggles defending the paint, Boston played with heart and energy for the most part when it would’ve been much easier to mail this one in. Let’s cross our fingers that Jeff Green is ok though. He landed on his left arm/elbow in the 4th Q and did not return. Doc said postgame that he did not think it was serious. C’s now head to Orlando, where they face the Magic tomorrow night. Tip-off is at 7:30pm EST.
- Jordan Crawford was the spark this team needed tonight. Despite his usual miscues, Crawford helped the C’s get 15 fastbreak points and had 20 pts, 4 rebs, 2 steals & 2 asts.
- Jeff Green was the guy we expected him to be with KG & Truth out. Jeff put in 25 points & grabbed 8 boards in 36 mins. Now if he could just find a way to score when Paul & Kevin are on the floor..
- B.Bass continues to quietly be the one constant. Brandon was a super-efficient 6 of 9 from the floor and 5 of 5 from the line for 17 pts and grabbed 9 rebounds.
- The Jet had 4 turnovers and 6 points in 27 minutes
Jeff abuses Tirdman
Green makes Heat defense look silly
The Grid: (quick stats)
- Celtics were a perfect 13 of 13 from the free-throw line
- 41 points by Heat in 2nd Q were most by any Boston opponent this season
- Points in the paint: BOS 54 MIA 44
- Celtics were awful from downtown, going 6 of 23