Cavs come into Boston and end their 10-game losing streak tonight at the expense of the C’s. I’ll cut Boston the obvious slack, as they’re missing KG & Truth, but this was just more of the same: gave up huge numbers to a slightly above-average player (TristanThompson 29 pts & 17 rebs) got clobbered in the paint (52 points by the Cavs) and on the boards, missed free-throws, and made a too little too late run in the 4th. Cavs beat Boston 97-91. Avery Bradley left the game with Eddie Lacerte in the 4th, but said afterwards the injury is not related to his shoulder surgery-he bruised his collarbone. Still, nothing C’s fans want to hear right now. I’m sick with a pretty nasty cold, so this will be a short recap tonight folks. Let’s hope P and Ticket both come back Sunday, and the C’s can start to build some type of momentum for the playoffs.
- Shavlik Randolph scored a career-high 16 points on 6 of 9 shooting to go with 7 boards in a foul plagued performance
- Jeff Green had a lot of pressure on him tonight with both Pierce & KG out and delivered with 23 points, 9 rebounds & 4 asts.
- Celtics defense held Kyrie Irving to just 11 points on 4 of 20 shooting
- The Jet stays grounded. Despite hitting a big trey to pull Boston within 4 late in the 4th Q, Terry was nowhere to be found the rest of the night. 3 of 10 for 8 points in 27 minutes.
- Starting backcourt of Lee & Bradley combined for just 12 pts on 4 of 17 in 47 minutes. Not cutting it.
The Grid (quick stats):
- Celtics went 13 of 22 from the line
- Herky-Jerky Crawford’s odd stat line: a +7 with 3 of 14 shooting for 7 points, 4 rebs & 5 asts.
- Cavs got to the free-throw line 26 times and converted on 22 of them
- Second chance points: Cavs 19 C’s 12