Brandan Wright had his way in the paint all night, scoring a season-high 23 points to lead Dallas to a 104-94 win over the C’s. Celtics front court struggled (to put it nicely) all night on the pick and roll allowing Wright to slam his way to 11 of 16 shooting. Dirk Nowitzki put in 22 and Vince Carter added 19 off the bench. Boston crept back in this game late in the 4th, but a failed Pierce entry pass to KG with 1:04 left sealed the deal. Celtics had plenty of opportunities to make this a game, but missed lots of easy layups and did not get to the loose balls. Speaking of KG, he was one of the lone bright spots tonight, going for 16 and 12. Along with Bass (on offense anyway) who had a double-double himself of 16 and 11. Pierce had a quiet 16 points, 10 of them coming in the 2nd half. Truth also notched 5 rebounds and 3 assists. Jeff Green was the only bench player in double-figures with 10. Courtney Lee landed awkwardly on an opposing player’s foot late in the game tonight. Doc said postgame Lee told him “I’m good..” Celts officially saying Lee has sprained left ankle and is questionable for tomorrow.
- Kevin Garnett was a beast on the boards, and in the paint. KG had 16 points and 12 boards.
- Brandon Bass had a solid night of 16 points, 11 rebounds (7 offensive) and went 8 of 8 from the line
- Jordan Crawford had a quick burst in the 4th, but his 3 of 11 shooting including 1 of 5 from deep hurt us. I’m interested to hear your thoughts on Doc going with him once again at crucial points in the 4th.
- Celtics pick and roll defense. Atrocious this evening.
- Kills me to do this, but Bradley/Green combo. They were a combined 9 of 23 from the field with 6 turnovers. Both were virtually non-factors. Granted, each were in foul trouble most of the game
- Jet’s “big return” was a let down. 3 of 9 from the floor, 0 of 2 from downtown for 8 points in 21 minutes.
The Grid: (quick stats)
- Celtics never led in this game
- Teams combined attempted 55 free-throws
- Mavs scored 16 second chance points and 44 points in the paint
- Celtics have lost last 4 on the road
Boston now heads to Memphis for second game of this road back to back. Tip-off against the Grizz tomorrow is at 8pm EST.