Thanks to 8 first half turnovers that led to 13 Charlotte points, the Celtics could not put distance between themselves and the ‘Cats early. Boston went into halftime up 50-43. But the guys in green turned it up another notch on both sides of the ball to blow the game open and cruise through most of the 3rd and 4th. Chuck’s prediction was almost dead-on, as Boston wins 105-88. Every Celtic scored, and we saw some great overall effort from a lot of different players. Paul Pierce was effective in every way tonight. The Captain notched 14 points, 8 assists & 6 boards in 23 minutes. Jason Terry put the Celtics over the top tonight though with his 12 2nd half points. Jet had a perfect 3rd & 4th going 4 of 4 from the field, including 2 of 2 from long-range. Terry finished with 15 and was one of 6 C’s in double-figures tonight. Courtney Lee also had a great night, putting in 13 points on 5 of 7 from the floor & 2 of 2 from trey. He also grabbed 5 rebounds, had 4 assists & 3 blocks. I could go up & down the boxscore tonight, and each & every guy contributed in one way or another.
- C’s starters all did their thing: Pierce 14 points, 8 asts & 6 boards. Green & Bass combined for 20 points on 10 of 18 shooting & 11 rebounds. CLee had 12 pts, 5 rebs, 4 asts & 3 blocks. Despite going 5 of 12, Avery Bradley had 13 points and went 4 of 4 from the line. He had another night of foul trouble, but still played solid defense.
- Boston bench had 46 points & 18 boards-8 of those by Shavlik Randolph. Guys like Shav & Chris Wilcox were solid tonight in the absence of Kevin Garnett.
- Boston shot 10 of 15 from three-point land:
- Boston had 13 turnovers that led to 24 points for the Bobcats
- Celtics went 13 of 20 from the FT line
Jet to White to Wilcox
Terry to Trillcox
The Grid: (quick stats)
- Celtics moved the ball well, with 28 assists on 41 made baskets
- C’s had 38 points in the paint
- Bobcats went a dismal 7 of 20 from downtown
- Celts have now won 11 in a row at TD Garden