The young guns, specifically Avery Bradley, kept the C’s in this one, and the vets finished it off. Despite weary legs and some lapses in defense, Boston gets a gutsy 110-107 win in OT in Utah. Paul Pierce took the game over late, hitting clutch shot after clutch shot in the 4th and the OT. Pierce was 3 of 3 in overtime, and 5 of 9 for 55% in the 4th & OT. His partner in crime, KG, was 2 of 2 in the extra frame. Pierce finished with 26 points, 20 of those in the 2nd half. KG scored 13 pts, Bass 15 & Avery Bradley had 18. Bradley’s defense and overall spark kept Boston’s spirits up throughout, despite Utah bouncing-back after every Boston run. Gordon Hayward led Utah with 26 and Big Al had 15. Celtics finish their road trip 2-3. It was obvious Doc really wanted this one tonight. Jordan Crawford played 4 mins & TWill did not play at all. PP, KG & Bradley all played 39+ mins.
- Avery Bradley may as well have been shot out of a canon tonight. He had 12 pts, 2 steals, 2 asts & 2 rebs in the 1st half. AB finished with 18, 5 rebs, 4 asts & 2 steals.
- KG. Doc tried to rest him to start the OT. KG told Doc: “No, no-I’m good.” Garnett had 3 rebs & 2 big hoops in overtime.
- The Truth. 26 points, 20 of them in the 2nd half, and 55% shooting in the all important 4th Q and OT period. Pierce also pulled down 7 rebounds and had 8 assists.
- Courtney Lee got off to a slow start, but then turned it on in the 2nd half. 11 of his 14 points came in the 3rd and 4th Q’s.
I’ve got no complaints.
The Grid: (quick stats)
- Celtics went 18 of 20 from the FT line, Bass going 7 of 7 himself
- Jazz had 44 points in the paint
- Celtics defense had 8 steals and 5 blocks
Celts now get a much needed 3 days off until they face GSW on Friday in Boston. Tip-off at TD Garden is at 7:30pm.