Folks, I’m not even going to insult your intelligence and try to break this all down in a recap. This one will be talked about for a while. I am as disgusted, saddened and frustrated as most every C’s fan is right now. I bleed green and love this organization with my heart and soul. But tonight was just an awful night to be a Celtics fan. We watched Boston build-up a 20+ point lead in the 1st half, only to let the Hawks go on a 19-0 run to start the 3rd. This game was over the minute Boston left the locker room after halftime. You just knew that once the Hawks tied it up, Boston was done. Sure, they forced double OT and even got back in the lead a few times, but you just knew they were going to lose. That’s been the major issue this year-this squad cannot give a full 48 minutes. Celts drop 6th game in a row, 123-111 to the Hawks in 2OT. Tip of the hat to Kyle Korver. Guy torched Boston in the 3rd & 4th Q’s for a record 8 three’s. His 27 points led all scorers. I’m at a loss for words right now so this will be a short recap. Would rather say nothing then go on an idiotic rant like I really want to. Still a C’s fan, but a very perplexed one at this point…
- Celtics went 20 of 20 from the FT line
- Every Celtic that scored was in double-figures. KG led them with 24, Green had 17, Lee & Rondo had 16 each
- Jet had his best game in a long time. 12 pts and 3 of 4 from downtown
- Celtics let Hawks go on a 19-0 run, which gave them all the confidence they needed, to start 3rd quarter.
- Bass & Sully were both scoreless in a combined 43 mins. against Atlanta’s big front line
- Celtics 12 point loss in OT was worst overtime defeat (by margin) in franchise history
- Rajon netted his 27th career triple-double and 2nd in 2 nights: 16 pts, 11 asts & 10 boards.