Bleacher Report’s Jared Wade researched the NBA’s best shooters from each area on the court.
Three Celtics make the Top 10 in the mid-range category (10 – 23 feet); Jason Terry (not surprised), Courtney Lee (mildly suprised considering his rough start to season) and… Rajon Rondo.
The Mid-Range (minimum 20 makes)
1. Chris Bosh, 48-for-85 (56.5 percent)
2. Beno Udrih, 28-for-51 (54.9)
3. Jason Terry, 29-for-53 (54.7)
4. Serge Ibaka, 48-for-90 (53.3)
5. Luke Ridnour, 37-for-70 (52.9)
6. Anderson Varejao, 29-for-55 (52.7)
7. Courtney Lee, 21-for-33 (51.5)
8. Marc Gasol, 23-for-45 (51.1)
9. Damian Lillard, 30-for-60 (50.0)
10. Rajon Rondo, 26-for-53 (49.1)
I’m willing to bet not all of the 26 makes are standard jumpers. Rondo gets very creative with his offense; floaters, leaners, you name it. But this is just another stat disproving the perception that Rajon Rondo can’t shoot. If you need more evidence, check out John’s column on Sheridan Hoops.
No other Celtics players made the top-10 in shooting by area.
Why do I find it hysterical that Jermaine O’Neal is the 6th best (11-21, 52.4%) from inside the paint?