Here’s their list of the top 15:
- LeBron James, Miami Heat
- Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
- Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
- Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
- Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
- Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
- Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
- Dwight Howard, Los Angeles Lakers
- Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
- Deron Williams, Brooklyn Nets
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Steve Nash, Los Angeles Lakers
- Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
- Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
Some notes on the list, also from the NBA PR department:
The Thunder’s Russell Westbrook debuts at No. 12.
- The Celtics’ Rajon Rondo and the Los Angeles Clippers’ Chris Paul each move up four spots from last year to Nos. 6 and 10, respectively.
- The Lakers were the only team with three players on the list, with Bryant (No. 3), and new additions Dwight Howard (No. 9) and Steve Nash (No. 13).
The list is based on sales at the NBA Store on Fifth Avenue and on NBAStore.com from April 2012 through Nov. 26, 2012.
So it’s possible the list is off slightly. You can go a million places to buy jerseys. But it’s still indicative of Rondo’s surge in popularity. As polarizing as he can be among some of the fans in Boston, people around the league see many of his spectacular plays and triple doubles and are latching on to him as one of the league’s young superstars.