The Celtics took a long, hot piss on my preview optimism tonight. They had an early 6 point lead, but they relaxed late in the quarter to let Detroit cut the lead to 2, and then they took the rest of the night off. C’s fall to Detroit… DETROIT!!!!…. 103-83
The Green: Rondo got his 10th assists with less than a minute to go in the game. If there was any question as to whether that’s important, the C’s left him in during a 20-point loss to get the assist when the game was out of hand.
The Gross: Everything that happened in the final 38 minutes of the game. Yeah, it was that bad. Are you really going to make me list EVERYTHING that went wrong? The C’s were tired, lazy, whatever you want to call it. They just didn’t have it tonight.
The Grid (quick stats):
- Jared Sullinger ended up being the team’s high scorer with 16 points on 7-12 shooting. That’s a new career high for the rook.
- Rondo had 10 assists, but he also had 6 turnovers.
- Paul Pierce shot 5-13 to finish with 13 points.
- Courtney Lee too 2 shots. TWO.
- Jeff Green had 6 points and 2 rebounds
In the end, the Celtics got blown out in their 7th game in 10 days, on what was their 3rd back-to-back in that stretch. I feel stupid having predicted a win, much less a blowout win. I should have known this was going to be a loss. I guess I got carried away. Plus, Detroit is terrible.
Oh well. Chalk this up as a very… VERY… forgettable mess of a game.