- Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
- Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
- LeBron James, Miami Heat
- Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics
- Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
- Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
- Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
- Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
- Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
- Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
Here’s the odd thing: I though KG’s appeal would be fueled by big sales in China due to his Anta deal but Rondo was in the top 5 and KG wasn’t. KG is fourth in Europe and Latin America, topping Dwight Howard and Dwyane Wade.
Look at the names these guys are ahead of overseas: Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin and Kevin Durant. These are all heavily marketed NBA stars that, in the United States, have higher profiles than KG or Rondo. This just goes to show the power of the Celtics Green.
And I’ll just toss this one thing in there: Celtics playoff games draw big numbers and their stars are among the top-selling jerseys in the world. Can we please stop any talk about conspiracies AGAINST the Celtics? I don’t care if Kobe Bryant becomes commissioner, there’s no way the league would intentionally hold down a cash cow like the Boston Celtics.