Legendary Celtics play by play man Mike Gorman was on 98.5′s Toucher & Rich this morning where he made a couple of interesting comments.
- The schedule took a huge toll on everyone, players and anyone else traveling.
- If Avery Bradley was healthy, he thinks Celtics beat Miami in 6
- He thinks KG is coming back, because “I just saw no indications of Kevin losing his competitive juices. I can’t see him getting up in the morning and banging his head against the refrigerator to start his day.” He believes KG is sincere in wanting to only play for Doc.
- He doesn’t see Asik or Hibbert leaving their respective teams because teams don’t often let 7-foot RFA’s go.
- “Everything I’ve heard from Celtic coaching staff, from Celtic ownership… they really want to see Paul Pierce play his entire career as a Celtic. I get no indication the Celtics have shopped Paul seriously. Danny will talk about it, and that’s kind of his job as the guy who runs the basketball operations.”
They also talk a little draft. You can listen to the whole interview here.
“(The media) puts it out there that ‘it had to be them’ and then they want you to admit it, or say you didn’t,” Olshey said. “But at the end of the day, everybody is going to lie anyway.”
So did the Celtics shop Paul Pierce? Maybe. How far along did it get? Who knows. Someone could have floated that story in hopes of disrupting the Celtics team chemistry… or the reports could be completely true.
And while Gorman knows more than most of us, he’s not in on meetings or anything. So we can add him to the mix of everyone else who thinks he’ll come back, and just hope the Cetlics can bring KG back to play out his career along side Paul Pierce… that both can retire as Celtics… and it will have no impact on building towards the future.