Throughout the recently completed 2011-2012 66 game lockout shortened season, Rajon Rondo did a little trickery right off the opening tip. The Celtics didn't win every jump ball, but when they did, Rondo would do a quick little trick with the ball. Sometimes even Kevin Garnett would join in, hiking the ball as if he were the center to Rondo's quarterback.
Watch the video compilation below of Rondo's tip-off trickery throughout the season. Again, some of these are better than others but it's still fun to watch. Also, just for fun, here are some absolutely meaningless statistics from the opening tip:
- Celtics won 37 jump balls, lost 29
- Out of those 37 jump balls won, they won 21 games and lost 16
- Jermaine O'Neal went 16-8 on jump balls
- Kevin Garnett went 18-20 on jump balls
- Greg Stiemsma went 2-1 (the lone loss he didn't even jump @ATL)
- Ryan Hollins went 0-1