Ok, so I was a little off about how this game would go. At least I got the part about the win right. The Celtics played some pretty terrible basketball for a good portion of this game, but they got the 105-103 win.
KG was the hero tonight. 24 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists for the Big Ticket, who canned a long jumper with 5 seconds left to give the C's the lead. Nate Robinson, who torched the C's for 20 points and 11 assists, took an off balance three with 3 seconds left and the Warriors down 2. In the end, Nate just couldn't resist being Nate. You just KNOW he so badly wanted to do the wing flap thing after beating his old team.
- Paul Pierce struggled. 15 points on 5-17 shooting and 6 turnovers that negated his 6 assists.
- Ray Allen was no better: 2-7 shooting for 7 points. He did have 4 steals and just 1 turnover, but that was a bad turnover at the wrong time. Also… he's a problem defensively. He's not what he used to be.
- Rajon Rondo was ok. He was responsible for some of Nate's success… though some of it was also caused by him having to cover his teammates' asses and getting pulled out of position. He had 14 assists to go along with 8 points and 6 rebounds.
- Brandon Bass had a great night offensively with 22 points. He also had 9 rebounds. But he was a -1, which is the result of some problems he continues to have on the defensive end.
- Greg Stiemsma was solid off the bench with 8 points and 8 rebounds in 17 minutes. He also had a block.
The Celtics get a day off and then they play Sacramento. If they get a win there, they have a shot at a winning road trip.