This one looked like a classic 2011-2012 Celtics game…. come out big, suck in the 2nd, show some signs of life, blow it in the last 5 minutes.
But instead of following the script in the last 5 minutes, the Celtics went on a 20-7 run and beat the Clippers 94-85.
Let's make this quick cuz I'm tired…
- Paul Pierce led the way with 25. He had it working early and his coast-to-coast layup was the beginning of the end in this one.
- Ray Allen turned his ankle late in the game, but he's fine. He only shot 5-12, but he hit 2-3 from deep.
- KG's turnaround jumper when the Clippers had a chance to shift momentum was a key bucket. He had 21 & 8 tonight to go along with 2 huge blocks.
- Brandon Bass had it going early and was a big key to fast Celtics starts in the 1st and 3rd quarter. He was plagued with foul trouble all night… he even fouled out… and finished with 10-9. And some of the fouls on him were horrible, horrible calls. Brandon deserved better tonight.
- Rajon Rondo won the point guard battle:
Rondo: 12 points (4-8 fg, 4-4 ft), 10 assists, 2 rebounds, 3 steals, 6 turnovers
Paul: 14 points (3-12 fg, 1-5 3pt, 7-7 ft), 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 4 turnovers
- Mickael Pietrus was not good offensively and fans were starting to turn on him… but he ramped it up defensively, forced a couple of turnovers in the last couple of turnovers. Say what you want, the guy is playing in pain and he's trying to do whatever he can to help this team win. He's not giving up.
Big win for the C's tonight. I was expecting a split in LA and that's what we got. Now they get a day off to get rested for a Warriors team that might look radically different come Wednesday. They're involved in a lot of rumors right now. Keep an eye on that. They may be shorthanded.