The Celtics built an 8 point first quarter lead… which was also the spread at the half and after the third quarter. But the C's pulled away in the 4th behind 10 points in the quarter from Paul Pierce and 8 from Kevin Garnett. 98-80 was the final.
Memphis helped by forgetting that the goal of the game was putting the ball IN the basket. The Grizzlies shot 36.8%. The Celtics defense had a hand in that, but the Grizz also missed some makeable shots.
Other quick notes:
- KG had 24 and 9 rebounds. Pierce had 21, 6, & 6.
- KG hit another 3… his third straight game with a 3
- Rajon Rondo had 14 assists… 10 in the first half.
- JaJuan Johnson played a season high 19 minutes for him, scoring 10 points on 5-8 shooting.
- Chris Wilcox was perfect (5-5 fg, 2-2 ft) to give the C's 12 points and 5 rebounds in 11 minutes.
That it. Go watch football now. I know not all of you are from Boston, but I am. So go Patriots. I want to go to another parade.