During the Celtics training camp, the team seemed like they were forming one big and happy family. They were taking their practices seriously while finding plenty of time to mess around afterwards. Except for Glen Davis who seemed to be searching for his role. Fast-forward to 8 games into the season, and Big Baby has been (no pun intended) huge for this team as their 6th man. And really, he's been their closing center as well.
His shooting has been superb, as well as his overall stats thus far: 12.3 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 57% FG, 90% FT, 62.2% TS, all in 30.5 minutes per game. He's been invaluable, especially with Kendrick Perkins being out as well as the O'Neal brothers being in and out of the lineup. That mid-range jumper has become as sure as a direct deposit, but perhaps his most impressive attribute is his penchant for drawing charges on the opposition. Take a look at his 14 victims thus far:
- Miami Heat: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade
- Clevaland Cavaliers: Ramon Sessions, J.J. Hickson
- New York Knicks: Wilson Chandler
- Detroit Pistons: Ben Gordon, Ben Wallace
- Milwaukee Bucks: Ersan Illyasova, Drew Gooden
- Chicago Bulls: Luol Deng, James Johnson
- Oklahoma City Thunder: James Harden, Russell Westbrook
- Dallas Mavericks: Caron Butler
Simply amazing work, as he leads the team with 14 drawn charges. Below is a video of all 14 charges thus far. Big thanks goes out to ESPNBoston's Chris Forsberg who has been compiling the list all season long.