You know that old saying: “Act like you’ve been there before?” Well Paul Pierce is without question “The Truth” when it comes to clutch shots. Here’s a quick rundown of all his buzzer beaters:
- December 10, 2000 vs. Denver Nuggets
- November 27, 2001 @ Miami Heat
- November 10, 2004 vs. Portland TrailBlazers
- November 25, 2005 vs. Charlotte Bobcats
- March 7th, 2006 @ Washington Wizards
- December 9th, 2006 @ New Jersey Nets
- November 12th, 2008 vs. Atlanta Hawks
Perhaps his biggest buzzer beater was executed last night as Pierce once again delivered a huge victory for the Celtics, putting them up 3-0 in their first round series with the Miami Heat. It’s the first time that Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen have ever led any series three games to none.
Watch as Pierce goes all Colonel Jessup on Dorell Wright and Miami:
Here are Pierce’s other clutch shots to win a game:
It’s too bad that Dwyane Wade got those nasty calf cramps late in the game. Maybe he should have followed his own advice and actually use a product he endorses: Gatorade (see video below). Then again, his best option would be to use his MyTouch from T-Mobile and download some new teammates (hello Jermaine O’Neal, shooting 5 for 31 through 3 games). Is there an app for that?