I think we're all looking forward to watching the Celtics first pre-season game tonight (8:30pm) against the Houston Rockets.
Here's what I'll be looking for tonight and throughout the preseason:
- Kevin Garnett – Can he get through it without limping?
- Rasheed Wallace - Does he fit in off the bench?
- Marquis Daniels – Can he effectively man the point?
- Rajon Rondo – Does he look bigger? Is the jump shot any better?
- Glen Davis – Will a leaner physique improve his game?
- J.R Giddens – Can he play in the NBA?
- Lester Hudson – Can he play in the NBA?
I'm guessing the starters will play about 15 minutes. Here's Doc's take:
even gotten into that as a staff. The first quarter we’ll play almost
traditional minutes. The tough thing about preseason games is you don’t
know who the other team is going to play, so you have to be careful
with who they have on the floor, as well.”
We will have a live blog running on the site. Please join us. John and I will do a live "2 Man Game" show Thursday night from 9 – 9:30pm. Call-in and talk some Celtics prior to the Red Sox game.
After the jump, my advanced scouting report on the Rockets….dancers.