Another Day in the Big Baby Saga | Red's Army - The Voice of Boston Celtics Fans
Red's Army

Another Day in the Big Baby Saga

Via Marc Spears of the Globe:

The teams believed to have interest
in Davis are Boston, Detroit, Utah, New Orleans, and Portland. Hamilton
(BBD's agent) met with Celtics president Danny Ainge in Las Vegas yesterday, but
Davis was not offered a contract. If he were to sign an offer sheet
from another team, the Celtics would have seven days to match it.

to sources, the Pistons have been trying to clear salary cap space to
make an offer to Davis. Detroit and New Orleans might need to offer a
sign-and-trade deal to make a run at the Baton Rouge, La., native.
Although the Jazz announced last night they will match the $32 million
offer sheet signed by forward Paul Millsap from the Trail Blazers, they
are also expected to trade forward Carlos Boozer, which would keep the
interest in Davis alive. If Millsap’s offer sheet is matched by Utah,
Portland’s interest in Davis could grow.

But ESPN's Marc Stein has Detroit going another route:

It's believed that the Pistons, as of Thursday, have Rasho Nesterovic and Chris Wilcox ahead of Drew Gooden as their next free-agent targets, since it appears that they can't assemble an offer sheet rich enough for Glen Davis to keep the Boston Celtics from matching.

What if an offer sheet never comes? Danny will have to make a move at some point, right?

The first week of free agency was enjoyable, the 'Sheed signing and speculation about lots of names. Now there appears to be tumbleweeds blowing through the offices on Causeway Street.

Like this Article? Share it!

  • didn’t that happen to anderson varajo a couple years ago? it took him a while to agree to terms with the deal after no team signed him to an offer sheet
    more importantly how long are we going to wait to add a wing? is danny going to count on walker and giddens again this year? haha we could always wait and see who gets bought out, that worked out well for us

  • thetitleisours

    Wonder if any move will happen until the Davis affair is solved. Hope we keep him for a few year. If he does turn out to be a star, then by then we will have enough dollars after the big three as part of the future
    We could probably sleep for a few weeks and then wake up though to see if anything has happened lol