I'd rather watch another episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8 than tonight's NBA Draft. But since John gets his hair transplant procedures done at night under the cloak of darkness, I'm on draft patrol.
Remember last year's late second round pick (#60) Semih Erden? He's still playing in Europe. Who knows when/if we'll see him in a Celtics uniform. This is why I'm not overly excited about #58.
But for those who care, here's a list of guys the Celtics might draft:
- Alade Aminu – 6-10, PF, Georgia Tech (Draft Express)
- Wesley Matthews – 6-5, SG, Marquette (NBA Draft.net)
- Robert Dozier – 6-9, PF, Memphis (Yahoo! Sports)
- Jeff Adrien – 6-6, PF, UConn (Hoops Report)
- Tyler Smith – 6-7, F, Tennessee (Pro Basketball News)
- Jack McClinton – 6-1, G, Miami (RealGM)
Let's see if Danny can narrow it done for us:
Celtics president Danny Ainge acknowledged via text message last night
that he doesn’t expect to trade for any picks or players. Regarding
pick No. 58, said Ainge, “There’s probably a hundred players we’ve
looked at since the season ended.’’
Just a hundred players?
I know Danny has scored in the past with late second round picks
(Leon Powe at 49, Ryan Gomes at 50) but we can't expect him to uncover