So Paul was on the radio today. He did an OK job (slow start… but he got better by the end).
Among the little revelations in the show:
- Wyc Grousebeck has 6 ring prototypes at his house right now… and Paul's invited over to help pick which one will be the ring.
- Wyc may or may not be lying about beating Ray Allen in golf. Each was on the show and each said he took the other's money.
- The hardest guy to guard in the NBA is LeBron James.
- The Celtics WILL repeat.
- Pierce is a big-time tennis fan, and thinks Rafael Nadal has now surpassed Federer
- Paul has never met fellow Nike guy Tiger Woods (this seems surprising to me)
- Pierce really enjoys deep sea fishing, and has caught a 7 foot shark.
- He'd like to go play in Europe once his NBA career is over
He also talked about the Vegas incident. He joked that he was pulled over by a Lakers fan and was charged with DWC: Driving With Championship. That was the line of the morning. He went on to explain that he was driving home after a boxing match and trip to the casino. He was pulled over for failing to signal a turn… and cuffed because of his intimidating size (which is what the cops told him).
All in all, good show. Pierce broke down some football… predicted the Chargers would go 11-5 and Tampa Bay would go 10-6… and said the Jets would not make the playoffs even with Brett Favre. The show just ended 20 minutes ago… so I'll update this post with some links once they're up.
Here's a video of Mike Greenberg trying on The Truth's Gucci hat…. and looking very un-Pierce like. The reason I'm not posting other show clips right now is because you have to be an "Insider" to get to the interviews with Wyc and Danny and stuff. If you are so inclined… here's the link to their show page.