It's nice to see Red still gets some action. Anyways….the Celtics are going to play another series right? Maybe the Spurs? Or there's a second parade this week. Something…give me something. I can't spend another Friday night watching movies like "Juno" with the wife. And I'm certainly not ready for the tedious pace of a Red Sox game. Fortunately I caught Rachel Nichols interview with KG and Pierce this morning on Sportscenter ("Champ" sure has a nice ring to it, huh?).
Since I haven't paid an ounce of attention to any draft talk, I'll refrain from posting any mocks until I actually have time to research. But I will have some fun and list my top 5 moments from the Finals:
- 5. Paul Pierce dousing Doc Rivers with Gatorade in closing minutes of Game 6.
- 4. KG's one handed bank shot as he gets hammered by Lamar Odom in Game 6.
- 3. Pierce blocking Kobe Bryant's turnaround jumper in Game 4.
- 2. Ray Allen's drive past Sasha Vujacic to seal the greatest comeback ever in Game 4. (The image of Vujacic, nearly in tears, knocking someone's hand off his shoulder on the bench is my 2b.)
- 1. An injured Paul Pierce returns to a thunderous ovation in Game 1 and drops 2 huge 3s on the Lakers in the 3rd quarter.
Feel free to post your favorites in the comments. Earlier this week, Bob Ryan picked his top 10 Celtics teams of all-time. I was extremely surprised to see the 2007-2008 team rank #2. Meanwhile, the Herald's Steve Bulpett tells us this morning this Celtics team was good but not great. But then in a separate column, he ranks this team in his top 5. I have no clue what Bulpett is smoking, but we could use some around here.